Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Bean Dip

Source: my friend, Miki Jackson

Ingredients:
1 block cream cheese (I prefer low or no fat to minimize guilt)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (seasoned might give it a little extra bang)
1/2 - 1 cup grated cheese (I used monterey jack, but cheddar or even pepper jack would also be great)

Directions:
In a very small baking dish, layer the ingredients one at a time, with cream cheese first (on bottom), beans second, and grated cheese third (on top). Bake until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Notes:
This sounds too simple to have any kind of "wow" factor, but I assure you that it does! I happened to have some salsa next to this on my plate, and when the dip and the salsa combined, it was even better! I think next time I make it, I'll add a layer of 1/2 - 1 cup of salsa between the beans and the cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I think anything with cream cheese and tortilla chips is awesome in my book. :) I will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete