Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Easy Microwaved Baked Beans

Source: food.com

Ingredients:
1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
1⁄2 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green pepper (if you have some)
3 Tablespoons brown sugar (I find that this is super sweet, so 1 Tablespoon or less is all I usually use now + 1 TB molasses instead)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 cup ketchup
1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
4 slices chopped cooked bacon or 2 tablespoons Bacos bacon bits (I'm sure it would be awesome with bacon, but I've never had any when I made it, so I've just left it out or added a couple drops of liquid smoke and a shake of smoked paprika)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.  Microwave, covered on high 8-10 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.  Let rest 5 minutes.

Notes:
That's it.  Easy and quick as can be.  I discovered this recipe when I was craving baked beans to go with one of our frequent hot dog roasts in the back yard, but didn't think about making said baked beans till the fire was going and the dogs were nearly roasted.  My typical favorite recipe of late would not have worked in my allotted time frame, but luckily these did.  And they were delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment