Saturday, May 7, 2016

Crockpot Shredded Chicken- no msg version

I found that the regular Cafe Rio knock off shredded chicken recipes I found all called for a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, which is full of MSG. :(
So I made up one and we loved it!
I served it at our Mother's Day dinner in 2016.

INGREDIENTS:
In large crockpot put:
1 bag of chicken tenders (large Costco bag) @4 lbs

Mix the following and pour over chicken:
1 cup zesty Italian dressing (I used Kraft)
1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used lighthouse)
1 cup Jacks Salsa (also from Costco)
2 T minced garlic (I used bottled)
1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin

Cook for 5 - 7 hours until chicken is very tender
shred chicken

Will be soupy

I made it the day before, shredded the chicken and then put it in the fridge overnight and then just heated it up the next day.

It was yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment