Friday, May 18, 2012

Grilled Ham, Swiss and Asparagus Sandwiches

Source: Mostly me, but I was inspired by these crepes I made last week

Ingredients:
2 slices bread
2-3 slices deli ham
2-3 slices swiss cheese (enough to cover the bread)
4-5 asparagus twigs (is that what you call them?), cut in half
your favorite mustard (I used this homemade honey mustard)
butter

Directions:
Spread a thin layer of mustard on each slice of bread.  Layer the ham on one mustard-sided slice of bread, then the asparagus, then the cheese and top the sandwich off with the other slice of bread, mustard-side down.  Butter the top, outside slice of bread and place the sandwich butter-side down on a hot (but not too hot - the key is to grill it nice and slow) griddle or frying pan.  Butter the other side (now on top).  Grill till you've got a lovely golden brown bread and soft, melty cheese.  Devour and enjoy!

Notes:
I eat a lot of grilled sandwiches around here - cheese, tuna, ham - and when I had some leftover asparagus from the crepes last week, I decided to sass up my boring ham 'n' swiss with a few spears (that's what they're called!).  I've eaten one every day for the last three days, they're just that good.  I know it's kind of a simple "recipe" but I just had to share because it's my new favorite lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment