Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Circus Animal Chex Mix

Source: Aubrey Bailey, a friend from my Logan student ward


Ingredients:
3/4 box corn chex
3/4 box rice chex
3/4 bag pretzels
1 can roasted almonds or cashews (I didn't add these in my most recent batch because I just didn't feel like paying for them!)
1 lb vanilla flavored almond bark candy coating (looks kinda like this - find it in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips)
sprinkles, optional (but they do make it look more fun!)

Directions:
Dump the cereal, pretzels and nuts (and sprinkles) into a very large bowl (or two large bowls if yours aren't VERY large).  Melt the almond bark according the the package directions (it's super easy and quick in the microwave).  Drizzle the melted candy coating over the dry ingredients and stir quickly to cover everything.  You want to work quickly because the coating will harden if you don't and then you end up with large globs of white chocolate and dry pockets of cereal.  Let the mix rest and harden in the bowl(s) for a few minutes, then if you desire, transfer to ziplock bags (it fills 2 gallon size bags) to transport and store.

Notes:
Aubrey brought this to a RS activity in my student ward a few years ago and I begged her for the recipe, thinking it would make a great road-trip snack as Gregg and I embarked on our first-ever Spring Break adventure in Moab 2 years ago.  When the Blanchard family was heading to Moab for a family reunion last week, I knew that I wanted to make this again to bring along.  It was a hit!

2 comments:

  1. Droooooooolll.....This was SO yummy, Kimma! A new Blanchard Family Reunion tradition, for sure!

    ReplyDelete