Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Source: this blog, via Pinterest

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs chicken breasts (or about 4 nice-sized ones)
1 18 oz bottle of barbecue sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar (I completely forgot this!  - turned out darn tasty, but next time I think I'll throw it in to see how it changes the flavors)
3/4 cup Italian dressing
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Place the chicken in your crockpot.  In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, Italian dressing and Worcestershire sauce together.  Pour over chicken and set on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.  Once the chicken is fork tender (I did this at about hour 6 on low, and let it go another couple of hours till Gregg got home from work - it just fell apart it was so tender!) go ahead and shred it up.  All done!

Notes:
I've been wanting to making this one for a while and I finally got around to it this weekend.  Oh my, was it ever delicious!  I served it up on these homemade buns that I had left over (stored in the freezer) from when I made them before.  We had coleslaw and sweet potato fries as sides and it made a mighty fine summery feast, enjoyed out on our deck with the company of some rather intriguing magpies in the tree next to us.  Ah, summer!

One more note: I halved the recipe for the two of us, and it made probably 8-10 servings on our buns (which are probably your normal size hamburger bun - not huge, but not tiny) - plenty for leftovers for the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment