Thursday, December 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

Source: this site, via Pinterest

Ingredients:
One 24-ounce jar medium or mild salsa (since I used less chicken, I only used 2 cups of salsa - Pace medium - and it was plenty juicy!)
Juice from one lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
One 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
4-6 boneless chicken breast halves (I used about 2 1/2 ... ish - cut into "tenders")

Directions:
Mix salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos in crockpot.  Add chicken and make sure it's coated with the salsa mixture.  Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.  (My chicken was shreddable after about 3 hours, but I left it in there for a few more, just because we weren't ready to eat just yet.)  Serve the chicken with the salsa mixture spooned over the top.  If you're feeling crazy, throw a dollup of sour cream on top with some crushed tortilla chips.  This is also delicious as a taco filling or in a taco salad (which is the way we ate it.  Nachos are good, too.  I love nachos).

Notes:
Here I present to you more of that awesome lime/cilantro/cumin combo that I love and adore.  Easy.  Delicious.  'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment