Monday, March 14, 2011

Strawberry White Cake

Source: My aunt, Nikie Elwood 


Directions:
1 white cake mix– cook according to box instructions on jelly roll pan.

Icing:
Mix 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 packages cream cheese, and 1- 8 oz container Cool Whip.  Spread on cake.

Topping:
Cook 2 Danish desserts and 3 cups water.  Cool (~ 45 min to 1 hour in the fridge) and add sliced strawberries (as many as you want ... the more the merrier!).  Pour/spread over iced cake.

Notes:
Every year (for the last decade probably) I have chosen for my birthday dessert something that included strawberries.  (They're just coming into season in March and they're on sale and delicious.)  This is always one of my top picks.  Super easy and oh-so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. It was way delish! A perfect choice for your birthday. I'm glad it was a happy one.

    ReplyDelete