Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coleslaw

Source: mostly my mom, Peggy, but a little bit of inspiration from browsing tons of coleslaw recipes on Tasty Kitchen and adding a bit of experimentation of my own

Ingredients:
1/2 head cabbage, chopped finely
2-3 carrots, grated
1 glop miracle whip (like the completely accurate measurement? it was probably about a cup)
milk (I don't even know how much ... enough to make it creamy and smooth ... I just kept adding a splash at a time)
1 tsp sugar
black pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, seasoned salt to taste

Directions:
Chop up the cabbage and peel and grate the carrots.  Throw these in a big bowl and toss together.  Mix the miracle whip and milk (a splash at a time) till smooth and creamy and the consistency of salad dressing.  Add the sugar and seasonings till it tastes good to you.  Pour the dressing on the cabbage/carrots and mix well.

Notes: I signed up to bring a salad to my ward's Relief Society Birthday Dinner.  And I had a half a head of cabbage left over from the funky noodles a week or so ago that needed to be used.  So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and whip up some coleslaw to share.  Maybe it's not the most ideal salad to go with the chicken cordon bleu menu they announced, but hey, it's a pot-luck salad night, too, so hopefully it will get eaten.  And if not by the ladies at the church, then I'm sure Gregg will help me out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment