Monday, January 5, 2015

Creamy Black Bean Chicken Soup

Source: here, via Pinterest

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (I used 1 small one and it was totally chickeny enough)
1 cup chicken broth (I think I probably used one can, which is closer to 2 cups)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained (I used about a cup of frozen corn kernels)
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning (I used a few tablespoons of a homemade seasoning mix)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
Tortilla chips

Directions:
Place chicken in crock pot. Pour broth, beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning over chicken.

Cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).

Remove chicken and shred. Re-add chicken.

If desired, add sour cream and cheese to crock pot. Stir until smooth. (Or add desired amount to individual servings)

Serve with tortilla chips.

Notes:
I stumbled across this little recipe on pinterest one day and immediately changed my plans for that day's dinner and made this instead.  It was super easy, super delicious and super small.  Which actually was perfect for us on the Thursday before Thanksgiving since I didn't need lots of leftovers to deal with before we left town for a week.  So yeah, it doesn't make a ton, but it easily could be doubled in a bigger crock pot.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment