Monday, November 10, 2014

Salsa Roll-Ups

Source: Kraft (and some ideas from the comments section)

Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese, softened (can use reduced fat)
3 Tablespoons salsa
4 flour tortillas
1/2 cup cheese, finely shredded
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 can olives, finely chopped

Directions:
Mix salsa and cream cheese until blended.  Add olives and mix.  Spread a layer on each tortilla.  Top with a sprinkle of chili powder and cheese.  Roll up tightly.  Cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch slices.

Notes:
I saw this recipe pop up around Super Bowl time and I thought it sounded like a great football-watching snack.  I never made them, though, and the bookmark had just been sitting idle in my recipes folder, waiting for the perfect opportunity to be used.  Well, that opportunity happened to be Halloween.  We got invited to a little get-together at some ward friends' home.  I was told I didn't need to bring anything, but I felt like I should contribute something to the meal.  Luckily I had everything I needed to whip these up in just a few minutes before we headed out.  They were totally delicious and quite the hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment