Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kielbasa Tinfoil Dinners

Source: inspired by a photo on pinterest that had no recipe to go along with it

Ingredients:
1 lb kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 discs
1 green pepper, cut into chunks
1 onion, cut into chunks
4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks (are you noticing a theme here?)
1-2 Tablespoons butter
salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley, to taste

Directions:
Even though I originally intended to make this as a foil pouch meal and cook it on the grill, I actually ended up just tossing everything into a 9x13" baking dish, adding a couple dollops of butter on top, and seasoning to taste with whatever I grabbed from the spice cabinet.  Then I covered the casserole with tinfoil and baked at 375 degrees until the potatoes were tender.  I honestly can't remember how long it took; probably 30-45 minutes, I'm guessing.

Notes:
I love tinfoil dinners, but I normally make them with a ground beef patty, sliced potatoes, and carrots and onions, with a squirt of ketchup for moisture and seasoning.  When I saw this photo pop up in my pinterest feed, I knew I had to give it a try.  It was fantastic!  So flavorful and delicious.  We all loved it.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy - and similar to a meal we ended up cooking while camping (although we should have used sweet potatoes). We did ours in the skillet, because I don't have patience for tinfoil dinners while camping ;)

    ReplyDelete