Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crock Pot Orange Mandarin Chicken

Source: inspired by a combination of this and this, via Pinterest (because I couldn't find any pineapple preserves at the store!)

Ingredients:
4-5 chicken breasts
1/2 bottle Panda Express Mandarin Sauce (use about 10 oz)
1/2 jar orange marmalade (use about 9 oz)

Directions:
Cook chicken in crock pot on high for 3 hours.  After 3 hours, drain juices from crock pot.  Mix Mandarin sauce and orange marmalade together and pour over chicken.  Cook on high for another 1/2 hour - hour.  (I broke up my chicken breasts into biggish shredded chunks to better distribute the sauciness over more chicken area.)  Serve with a side of rice (and some cooked peas for color!).

Notes:
Perhaps the simplest recipe I've ever made in my life.  But it surely didn't taste that way.  We both really enjoyed this Teriyaki-type dish.  Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment