Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Afton's Salad Dressing

Source: My mom's aunt Afton Anderson

Ingredients and Directions:
In one pint container add: (I just kind of eye-ball the measurements based on the space they fill up in the jar - 1 cup ketchup = half a pint jar, for example.  It's kind of a fun little science lesson in densisty, too.)
1 cup ketchup
½ cup salad oil (I used canola)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoon dark mustard (I used regular yellow)
1 Tablespoon sugar

Mix together and fill rest of the bottle with vinegar (I usually use apple cider or white); mix well.

Notes:
We were having salad with our Friday Night Pizza recently when I realized we were low on our usual store-bought ranch dressing in the fridge.  I remembered my mom making this yummy dressing back in the day, so I dug up the recipe and bam!  Delish.  It's kind of a catalina-type dressing, but way better than the kind you'll get at the store - a little bit tangy and just practically perfect.  Super easy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment