Monday, May 13, 2013

Cola Chicken Marinade

Source: here, after some quick googling

Ingredients:
2  cups (16 oz)  Coke or Pepsi (I just used one can - 12 oz)
1/3 cups soy sauce
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon lime juice (my lime was old and moldy, so I ended up using lemon juice instead)
6 chicken breasts (we had four - but one was double the size of the others, so it was probably closer to five - and I didn't feel like reducing the recipe to fit the number of chicken breasts I had, so I just used it all, but there was plenty of juice for another piece of chicken had we had one to marinate.)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients but the chicken in a medium sized bowl. Stir to incorporate well.
2. Place chicken in a large gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal tightly and store in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
3. Discard marinade and grill until cooked through.

Notes:
We had a random can of Pepsi hanging around since Gregg went to a conference where a buddy bought it (instead of a beer) for him (nice friend).  Unfortunately, neither Gregg nor I drink Pepsi, so it had just been sitting in the cupboard for a few months.  Then I remembered that you can marinate chicken with pop, and I began searching for a recipe.  This is the one that popped up on multiple blogs in my quick google search, so I decided to give it a go.  I whipped up the marinade Saturday night and let the chicken sit in the fridge overnight and all day Sunday.  Then we grilled it up for Mother's Day dinner and it was delish!  Very quick and easy meal, and perfect for grilling season.

No comments:

Post a Comment