Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sausage Rotel Dip

Source: My niece, Raina Wihongi


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. Jimmy Dean ground sausage
  • 2 10-oz. cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles, drained
  • 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese

Directions:
  1. Brown sausage and drain.
  2. Soften cream cheese in microwave.
  3. Mix sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel in a bowl.  Serve warm with tortilla chips, Wheat Thins, Triscuits, etc.
Comments:  I made this dip years ago (I think I got it from my pal Janae), but had forgotten about it until my niece (niece-in-law?), Raina, made a huge batch of it for a Christmas appetizer.  The Wihongi clan inhaled it before we had even said the blessing on our dinner!  Anyway, it's amazing, easy, and a big crowd-pleaser.  (Which is good, since I made it this morning for Scott's faculty's pre-Super Bowl party/food competition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment