Monday, November 5, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites


Source

Makes 18-20 bites

Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes (I'm not the biggest fan of coconut, but it isn't the same without it, so I reduce the amount and chop mine VERY finely)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 mini chocolate chips (I like to use craisins and chopped nuts)
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Notes:
I love breakfast food, but I hate eating breakfast. I can't eat most convenience foods, and I hate interrupting my morning (my most productive time) by wasting my energy on cooking. Dilemma. I recently discovered this recipe and now, instead of skipping the meal, do my metabolism by a favor by popping one or two of these in my mouth. Problem solved! Not only for the morning, but any time I feel the need for "a little something" to boost my energy or curb my appetite. Melia and Bret love them too! I hope to find a similar recipe that has a little less fat and sugar, but in the meantime, this is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment