Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crockpot Ranch Potatoes

Source: adapted from this blog, via Pinterest

Ingredients:
2 lbs red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (no need to peel 'em unless you really hate peels)
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 ranch packet (I didn't have one, so I used this: 1 Tablespoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil and 1/4 (a little less, actually) teaspoon black pepper, which I found here)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice (I added this because of another ranch dressing recipe that I found and I just thought it might be good)
~1 cup cubed ham (you could certainly add more or none at all, but I had this much left over from some other meals, and I decided to toss it in)

Directions:
Put potatoes and ham into a crockpot.  In a separate bowl mix together the soup, sour cream, lemon juice and seasonings.  Pour the goop over the potatoes and give everything a good stir to coat.  Put the lid on your pot and cook on low for about 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours (you'll really just have to go by how your slow cooker cooks - mine always seems to take about half the time that recipes say it should to cook things).  When your potatoes are soft, they're done.  Eat up!

Notes:
My friend Marcy pinned this today and it sparked a memory of a forgotten bag of potatoes that I had in my cupboard.  Luckily they weren't too old or wrinkly, so I decided to use them for dinner.  I added the ham to make it more of a one-pot-sort-of-meal, but if you have some other main dish you'd like to eat, I'm sure these would make a great side, too.  We loved them!  Really creamy and just a lovely comfort food.  Next time I'm going to add carrots and big chunks of onion - I think it would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment