Sunday, November 28, 2010

Great Ball o' Cheese



1- 8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
1- 5 oz. jar Roka Blue spread
2 cups (ish - I just grate it into the bowl till it looks yummy - can't go wrong with cheese, I say!) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. celery seed
Bacon bits, chopped nuts, etc.

Mix cream cheese and Roka Blue together until smooth. Add spices. Stir in grated cheese. (I like to refrigerate it in the bowl at this point for at least a half hour to let the cheese harden a bit, but if you're in a hurry, you can roll it right away.) Divide cheese mixture in half (to make the size pictured above, or just make one giant one - either way works) and wrap each portion in saran wrap. Form into ball. Remove from plastic and roll in bacon bits or chopped nuts, if desired. Serve with crackers (or I am a big fan of it squished down the center of a stick of celery).

Kim's note: This has been my little go-to contribution for holiday gatherings the last few years. Every good party needs a cheese ball, in my book, so I'm happy to oblige. And now that Kraft has decided to bring back (last year it was nowhere to be found - sad day!) the Roka Blue spread (at least for the holiday season, so buy some quick!) life is just too wonderful for words! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment