Monday, July 16, 2012

Lemon-Garlic Herb Marinade

Source: inspiration came from Our Best Bites and Recipe Girl

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Tablespoons finely minced or pressed garlic (I think I used 3 cloves, pressed)
1 large or 2 small lemons, zested and juiced (I had one and a half medium lemons, so that's what I used)
1/3-1/2 cup minced fresh herbs, preferably a combo of basil, rosemary, and oregano (I'm sure fresh would have been lovely, but I just had dry so I added a few shakes of each)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (forgot the salt and pepper - whoops)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons (or more) extra virgin olive oil (I might have used just regular canola oil - but it's been too long since I made it that I can't remember all the details!)
1 1/2-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we did chicken, but I think it would be even better on fish - also vegetables were suggested which sounds yummy!)

Directions:
Add garlic, lemon juice and zest, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil to a gallon size ziplock bag (we only needed one because we just did two chicken breasts - but if you have more, you might need to divide it into multiple bags).  Squish it all around to mix.  (If you have fresh herbs, you might want to do like the OBB ladies and pulse it all in a food processor till it's the consistency of "a chunky pesto".)  Add your chicken (or fish or vegetables) and let marinate for about 30 minutes.  Cook your chicken on a pre-heated grill for a few minutes on each side until done.

Notes:
This was really lemony-good flavor on the chicken, but I felt like it would be amazing with some fish - fresh caught trout or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment