Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grampa's Gumbo

Source: Grampa (Paul)



Directions:
Start with one can of Campbell's Chunky "Grilled Chicken and Sausage Gumbo" soup
To this add:
- Chopped green and red peppers
- Jalapenos (I used Mazzetta's "tamed" Jalapeno's)
- Diced rotisserie chicken breast
- Canned or frozen shrimp
- Sliced okra
- Seasoning to taste (Campbell's base is pretty tame). I used Crystal's Louisiana Cayenne Pepper Sauce

Notes:
I'm just posting this for Paul since he sent out a plea for help . . . sounds yummy!  Here's what he says about it:

With Mom out of town for youth conference, I'm trying to be a good domestic back-up here at home. In that spirit, I'm going to make a bold stroke and submit an item for the Bistro. For lack of a better name, we'll just call it Grampa's Gumbo. Mom has been kind of busy this week and I haven't had to travel - so I've tried a few culinary experiments. We had this for dinner last night and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment