Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Source: Marcy Labrum (my good friend from the lab) via Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped *Marcy's advice: freeze (or put in fridge) unwrapped PB cups - it is easier to press the frozen candy into the hot cookie without falling to pieces.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F (I used 350F since I think my oven is hot and my mini muffin pans are the dark, nonstick kind). Sift together the flour, soda, and salt; set aside. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 40 balls (I ended up with 48, so some didn't get reeses cups ... but they're great just as peanut butter cookies, too!) and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan. Bake at 375F for about 8 minutes (mine were in for 7, but even 6 might have been enough). Remove from oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

Notes:
These little wonders are simply delightful. My friend Marcy made them for me last year for my birthday celebration in the lab, and we've been friends ever since. (That's me and the cookies ... Marcy and I have been friends for much longer! ;) She even gave me the recipe, mini muffin pans and a bag of reeses as a bridal shower gift. I was craving something sweet today, and this was the result ... week 3 down on my "try a new recipe a week" goal. (I may have eaten more of these than I dare admit, but today was officially my first day ever attempting their creation myself.)

3 comments:

  1. These sounds yummy! A fun variation on the traditional peanutbutter cookie. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I meant to share some with you when you and Paul were here on Monday and I completely forgot! Boo. (I also completely forgot to send you home with the pie plate we "borrowed" half-full of quiche as we left on Christmas Eve. Next time...)

    ReplyDelete