Sunday, August 15, 2010

Honey Glazed Roasted Vegetables

Source: www.eggplantrecipes.net

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (or more depending on how many veggies you use)

Ingredients

1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove, peeled and crushed
Salt, Pepper, and Dried Thyme, to taste (I didn't use any of these)
4-6 cups mixed halved Red Potatoes, sliced Zucchini, thickly sliced Onions, Red Peppers, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, sliced Eggplant (I did big chunks of everything, and I sweated my eggplant first.)


Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme in small bowl.
3. Mix well.
4. Arrange red potatoes, zucchini, onions, red peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, and eggplant in roasting pan.
5. Brush honey mixture over vegetables. (I just spooned it over and stirred it around well.)
6. Bake 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. (I only stirred it when I made the 9x13; the 8x8 didn't need it.)
Comments: The recipe is AMAZING. Seriously, it's a new favorite for Ryan and me. We got an eggplant with our CSA veggies, and I had no idea what to do with it (Can't have Eggplant Parmesean with Katie's milk allergy). I found this recipe and knew I would like it (I have a pretty big sweet tooth.) The great thing is, you can use whatever veggies you have in the house. I used potatoes, carrots, sweet red peppers, eggplant, and onion. The first time I just did an 8x8 and the 30 minutes of cooking time was plenty. The second time I did a 9x13 (doubling the glaze recipe), and it took at least an hour (the carrots were the real problem--I finally covered the pan in foil, which helped). Also, the second time, we served the veggies over Ry's incredible garlic (non-dairy) mashed potatoes. It was so amazing! The vegetables taste like candy, and with the mashed potatoes, it was so filling and the perfect comfort food. I can't wait to make this in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment