Saturday, March 6, 2010

Café Rio Chicken

Source: 365 Days of Slow Cooking


Servings: 8-12 (?)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-7 hours
Total Time: 5-7 hours

Ingredients:
  • 5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thawed (I used both breasts and thighs)
  • 1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian dressing (I used the fat free kind)
  • 1 T. chili powder
  • 1 T. cumin
  • 3 cloves minced garlic

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.
  2. Place chicken on bottom of a greased crockpot. Pour mixture in bowl over the top of chicken. Cook on high 5-7 hours.
  3. Shred chicken with a fork and reserve juice to pour over chicken when serving.

Comments: This was SO good! I could eat homemade Café Rio every day, but the pork barbacoa we make is probably not the most conducive to weight loss. So, I found this chicken recipe on the CrockPot cooking blog that both Scott and my dad had told me about. Now I feel a little better about indulging in our homemade salads and burritos (of course, paired with the cilantro rice and creamy tomatillo dressing). The pork's still my favorite, but this chicken is a close second!

No comments:

Post a Comment