Saturday, August 18, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Yogurt Muffins

Source: The seal from my Dannon Vanilla Yogurt container

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (I accidentally added 1/2 cup quick oats before I realized I should have used the other ones - so my batch was half and half and it worked perfectly fine)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspooons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I probably did closer to 1/2 teaspoon - I like cinnamon)
1/2 cup raisins, plumped (just cover 'em in really hot tap water and let 'em soak for about 5 minutes, then drain the water and you have nice plump raisins)
1 cup yogurt (I used vanilla, the recipe also suggests strawberry as an option)
1 large egg, beaten lightly
2 Tablespoons canola oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Lightly grease 1/2 cup muffin tins or use paper liners.  In a medium bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and raisins.  In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, egg and oil.

Stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and mix the batter until it is just combined.

Divide the batter among 10 cavities and bake the muffins on the middle oven rack for 22-25 minutes (mine were done at 20 minutes exactly).

Notes:
Yep - back on the muffin train!  I noticed this recipe when I opened a container of yogurt recently and I rinsed and saved the lid just so I could try them out.  The house smelled amazing as they were cooking - not unlike when we make oatmeal raisin cookies.  And the muffins themselves were quite delicious.  I personally liked them warm better than room temp, so after they had cooled, I nuked mine in the microwave for a few seconds.  Love that warm raisin flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment