Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meatball Stroganoff

Source: based on this, adapted by me

Ingredients:
1 8-oz. carton sour cream
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules or base
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 large onion, diced
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter, margarine, or olive oil
1 bag of frozen meatballs (I like turkey homestyle meatballs)
3-4 cups cooked rice

Directions:
1. Cook meatballs in oven, according to package directions.
2. In a small bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Stir in water, bouillon, and pepper; set aside.
3. In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in hot butter/oil for 3-5 minutes, then add mushrooms and continue to cook until desired doneness.
4. Stir sour cream mixture into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cooked meatballs. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve over rice.

Notes: I love stroganoff, Bret does not. For the 5 years of our marriage, I've been trying to convince him to let me try making a version that will change his mind. On Sunday he finally gave in and I created this masterpiece. To say the least, he changed his mind. :) This really is incredible, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. When the first ingredient is a full carton of sour cream, how could it not be good? :) Ry would eat something I picked out of the trash if he had that to go along. Not really. But almost.

    ReplyDelete