Thursday, January 3, 2019

Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing {Like Cafe Rio}

Source: Our Best Bites

Ingredients:
1-ounce package ranch dressing mix (ignore directions on package)
1 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
1/2 cup buttermilk (plus more if necessary to thin out the dressing) (I just use regular milk and it works just fine)
1-2 limes (enough for 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice)
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 cup green salsa (I use La Victoria brand)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Hot sauce, to taste (I like Cholula)

Directions:
Place buttermilk (milk), mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and ranch mix in a blender. Add the garlic and green salsa and blend until smooth. Add the cilantro and pulse until the cilantro is well combined. Add hot sauce to taste. Chill for several hours before serving (if possible.)

Notes:
I've made a few knock off versions of the Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing, but once I found this one, I have never looked back.  It's definitely my favorite.  Super easy.  Super delicious.  We call it green sauce and whenever I made the Cafe Rio pork salad/tacos/burritos spread (I LOVE Heather's version with a little more spice than sweet - it's almost better than the real thing, I think!) I always include this sauce to go with it.  But even more often, I make it as a dipping sauce for our favorite creamy chicken taquitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment